9 bed house for sale in Church Lane, Ormesby, TS7
Rarely do you see such an iconic residence for sale on the open market. Ormesby Manor House and Cottage dates back to 1904 and is referred to by the Town & Country Planning Act as having a special architectural value. Having been occupied by the current owners for many years, they have gracefully refurbished and preserved this Edwardian residence that offers accommodation of approximately 6,975 sq. ft and is set in approximately 0.69 acres of landscaped gardens with sweeping driveway that leads to a 50ft garage. Our particular favourite feature of this stunning home is the three grand reception rooms that enjoy fabulous views over the private lawned gardens, along with the hall/study with a fabulous original oak staircase. The property is entered via the original arched oak entrance door with stone surround and briefly comprises hallway leading to the sitting room and study/inner hall with original oak staircase, living room and dining/drawing room, cloakroom/WC, inner passage with bespoke bar, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, laundry room and additional storage with WC. To the first floor there are four bedrooms, three with fabulous views over the landscaped gardens along with a large galleried landing, bathroom and shower room. A staircase offers access to the second floor with a further two bedrooms, one with a dressing room and modern bathroom. There is also ample storage located to this area in the spacious loft. Separate access is granted from the external to the three bedroom cottage which comprises an entrance hall, kitchen, utility area, living room, three first floor bedrooms and a bathroom. This separate annex has the potential to create an income of approximately £650 per calendar month. Externally the property offers private landscaped gardens which can be enjoyed from a 27ft garden room which is attached to the property and is entered externally or through the garage. The sweeping driveway offers ample parking and leads to a 50ft attached garage. A beautiful wooden framed greenhouse/potting shed is located at the rear of the garden and paths follow through the sweeping lawned areas with an array of planted borders. This stunning property really needs to be seen to be appreciated but is strictly viewing through our Nunthorpe Office on 01642 955625.
- Iconic Edwardian Residence
- Approximately 0.69 Acres of Landscaped Gardens
- Retaining Much of its Charm & Character & Has Been Lovingly Restored & Kept by the Current Owners with No Expense Spared
- Built in Approximately 1904 & Registered Under the Town & Country Planning Act as Having Special Architectural Value
- Sweeping Driveway Leading to 50ft Garage
- Integral Three Bedroom Cottage That Can Produce a Rental Income of Approximately £650 PCM
- Three Grand Reception Rooms Enjoying Fabulous Views Over the Landscaped Gardens
- Nine Spacious Bedrooms Including the Cottage
- Grand Entrance Hall/Study with Original Sweeping Oak Staircase Leading to Gallery Landing
- Original Arched Oak Entrance Door with Stone Surround
- Book Your Viewing: Call us 9am 8pm Monday to Friday, 9:30am 5pm Saturday or Sunday 10am 4pm
Stamp Duty Due
Based on a sale price of £850,000 the total amount of stamp duty payable will be:
Last updated: The calculator has been updated following the end of the stamp duty holiday on 1st October 2021.
* This value is based on the standard rate and not applicable to first-time buyers or buy-to-let / second home buyers.
More about Middlesbrough
Seriously, we’re going to stand for that.
Alright, we know it has its imperfections and the odd flaw, but our ‘Boro’ is one of the warmest, friendliest and most welcoming places you'll find, and here's why……
With the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors and some stunning coastline right on our doorstep, you couldn’t ask for more when it comes to natural beauty.
There won’t be many Teessiders who haven’t ventured up Roseberry Topping on a Sunday morning to....Read more about Middlesbrough