You don't need to spend a lot of time (or money) on making your house appealing to buyers. It's more important that you spend a little time to stage your home for viewers as it could potentially add thousands to the property value. Take a look below at our top quick tips for adding value to your property.
- When viewing a property, potential buyers need to envision the living space and how they can make use of it.
- It's also important that you don't completely strip the personality from your home; it could give potential buyers some ideas for decor.
- Remove all the excess stuff that you don't need and put it away in storage.
- Think about removing bulky furniture that takes up too much room as this will help to showcase the space available.
Clean from top to bottom.
- Cleaning your home before selling can be one of the biggest chores as it needs to be done from top to bottom, inside and outside.
- Cleaning does not need to cost a lot, however deep cleaning carpets and curtains if needed is worth the money.
- It's important to try and keep your home clean until the property is sold.
A fresh coat of paint.
- A fresh coat of neutral coloured paint can make all the difference. It will make the rooms look bigger, fresher and lighter.
- A neutral colour on the walls will allow the potential buyers to easily vision how they can adapt the room to their needs.
- It will be easier for the viewer to move into the home and use the rooms immediately.
Fix anything broken.
- A well maintained house shows that the property has been cared for which is a desirable attribute that a lot of buyers look for.
- It's common for buyers to mentally reduce the maximum offer that they will make on a property if they spot a problem that requires fixing.
Make it appealing.
- Decorate your home with plants and flowers. They bright colour and life to the room.
- Think about properly dressing your windows. A room without curtains or blinds can seem rundown and uncared for.
- Get the smell right. Bad smells can instantly turn off prospective buyers. It's important not to just mask the smell, but find the source of the smell and fix it.
- Good smells can make a home seem more appealing. Fresh baking is a scent that people talk about a lot, however it can be impractical to do it for every viewing. Freshly brewed coffee is just as good.