Getting your house ready for a viewing can be an exciting step in the selling process. It's all about creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere that allows potential buyers to envision themselves living in your home. Here are some friendly and practical tips to prepare your house for a viewing:
- Take a stroll outside and notice what catches your eye.
- Neatly tuck away bins and trim overgrown hedges.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint for the front door for a welcoming touch.
- Give windows a good scrub and address any small repairs.
- Small touches like flower pots or a new doormat can make a big difference.
- Think about how you can make the entrance more inviting.
- Clear the entrance of any unnecessary items like shoes and coats to create a welcoming path.
- Clean any marks on walls, giving them a quick wipe or touch-up.
- Living Spaces That Spark Joy:
- Declutter and tidy, allowing visitors to easily imagine living in the space.
- A sparkling kitchen is always a winner - clean surfaces, oven, and floor.
- Consider delightful scents, like fresh coffee or baked goods, to create a cosy atmosphere.
- In the living room, fluff up cushions, straighten throws, and give it a good vacuum.
- Ensure the bathroom is spotless; wipe surfaces, clean the bath and shower.
- Polish mirrors and fittings for a touch of elegance.
- Consider a new shower curtain if the current one looks tired.
Embrace Your Outdoor Space:
- Showcase the garden's potential by keeping it well-maintained.
- Mow the lawn, tidy edges, and remove any unsightly weeds.
- Spruce up decking, stone pathways, and driveways.
- Keep outdoor toys and bikes neatly stored.
Going That Extra Mile
- Box up personal items neatly; a fresh, neutral canvas can help buyers envision their own style.
- Attend to minor fixes like squeaky hinges, dripping taps, or peeling wallpaper.
- Create a homely vibe by strategically placing fresh flowers.
On the Viewing Day:
- If possible, free up parking space for visitors.
- Inform your estate agent about available parking.
- Keep pets out of the house during viewings and remove related items.
- Consider arranging pet care with a friend for the duration.
- If you have children, think about childcare arrangements during the viewing.
- Ensure the space is free from distractions.
- Run the vacuum, open windows for a breath of fresh air, and draw back curtains.
- Turn on lights to create a bright and welcoming atmosphere.
- Beds with clean duvet covers, a vase of fresh flowers – the finishing touches.
Remember, the goal is to create a positive and inviting experience for potential buyers. A friendly and well-prepared home can leave a lasting impression that might just lead to a successful sale!